Monday, January 3, 2011

a recap and a new beginning

I never thought my blog title would be this apt. But for 2011, it is the best name.

In 2010,
  • I entered final year at uni and it turned out to be the most challenging one ever.
  • but prior to that, realised how hopeless my dept's management is which led to countless sleepless nights just to attain offer letter -.-
  • I had to write a thesis as half of my graduating mark - which led to almost a month of sleepless nights, odd eating hours and really really bad food =\
  • watched my first ever meteor shower, and best of all with my love
  • hated housemates to a whole new level
  • but also found a gem in one of them :)
  • went to Cairns and loved it there :):) mainly thanks to the company and also the amazing things we did together!
  • visited Melbourne twice, once with parents and another with baby right before I came back home for good.
  • ate way too much towards the end of the year, which partially made up for the crazy weight loss during thesis crunch time
  • brought family around my favourite city in the world, and graduated for the very first time :)
  • worked two jobs and really understood that working and studying can be quite tough which taught me crazy amounts of things that i am still learning and hopefully will do me heaps of good when the real test starts, soon
  • fought a lot with the boy at the start of the year, but towards mid year we seem to have settled into a really nice pace where we really both understand each other and want to do better for each other. :)
  • said goodbye to Sydney and Australia... both places mean the world to me, and I can't wait to find a way to be back!
  • said goodbye to friends who have stuck with me through the 4 years =( with promises to visit and them visiting me most importantly
  • embarked on a LDR, which I don't know will last for how long =( but I believe that the new us will be able to do this right this time around
  • realised that huge amounts of stress is bad for me
  • watched the last sunrise and the last sunset of the year at Angkor :)
  • turned down few job offers and then scored my dream job :)
in short, 2010 was a very very crazy year. most of the time, i believed that it wasn't very nice to me but looking back, i guess you can't have everything. it definitely was a very very tough year, it tested my mentality, my strength, my adaptations to stress, my relationship, everything. But I guess I have 2010 to thank for teaching me valuable lessons, and shaping me into the person I am today.

I can only hope that 2011 will be a much better year where I am already a much mature person. And ready to step into the working world and maintaining a ldr.

Bring it on, 2011!
New beginnings start in 2 weeks!

No comments: