Monday, October 11, 2010

Amazing Race

I don't know how many of you are fans, but the boy and I are pretty big fans of Kevjumba thanks to Wong Fu! :D
So naturally, because Kev and his dad are on Amazing Race this season, we HAVE HAVE HAVE to watch it!

And into the third week now, Team Jumba as they are affectionately known are going strong!!! The most amazing thing about them is how awesome Kev is with his dad :) SO heartwarming to just watch him go, "I am so proud of you dad" "you can do it" etc etc so encouraging without once getting mad or frustrated or impatient when his dad is slower or finding it harder to make it through a challenge. And we both while watching just kinda go, NGAWWWWWWWW!

But,

THE MOST EPIC EPISODE THUS FAR HAS GOTTA BE THIS WEEK'S!!!!!

*warning* spoilers ahead!

"I want to show my son that regardless of what it is, we have to finish what we started"
The fact that Papa Jumba was not a 100% and clearly in a lot of pain, yet he still fought on and completed the stage!!!! I was in tears watching, well because I was worried that they would be eliminated, but even more so because it was just sooo touching watching how hard Michael really wanted to finish the race off for the son despite needing medical help. And it was really encouraging and inspiring to see someone so intent on getting to the finish line!! It just made me think "omg, papa jumba is beyond amazing!!" The fact that KevJumba was like "it's okay dad, even if you take 30 minutes it's going to be okay"! HOW SUPPORTIVE RIGHT!!

And to be honest, I guess I was just really touched by the whole scene. In a way, it was telling me that no matter how hard things get, no matter how much I feel like I want to give up, I only have 18days to go, and I should just give it my all.

Now I know why it is called the amazing race. :)
Team Jumba is beyond amazing and I can't wait for next week's episode!!!

p/s: sorry if i spoiled the episode but it was way too inspiring and touching to not blog bout it!
pps: PLEASE GO WATCH IT ALREADY!!!!!


okay, back to my thesis. x

2 comments:

k0k s3n w4i said...

i do not watch amazing race (or any television for that matter in the past 5 years), but what exactly was happening with the dad which rendered him in a lot of pain? requiring medical attention even? i hope it wasn't angina :/

then the whole thing just appear a tad sinister to me.

is kev a youtube vlogger? his face and voice are super familiar.

shirlynn said...

they were in Ghana, and it was superly superly hot. stuff they had to do required them to be in the sun and outdoors a lot so the dad got dehydrated and it was way too hot for him esp cos he is after all 59 :)

so no, it wasn't sinister at all. in fact it was all very awe-inspiring and to be honest, really really touching cos he really wanted to show the son they were a team, and they could finish it off!

yups, kevjumba is a youtube celebrity! :)